by Seldovia Public Library
Alaska OWL (Online With Libraries) Project IT Aide Job Description
Purpose of the OWL Library IT Aide position:
Aides will be trained to provide maintenance and troubleshooting support for Alaska OWL (Online with Libraries) Project technology and equipment in the local public library. As a library staff member, OWL aides will be paid by the OWL Project five hours per week.
Primary Responsibilities of OWL IT Aides:
- Attend any required training in Anchorage or other location as determined (Travel, lodging, and per diem will be reimbursed or Continue reading
Posted in Business News, Classified, Local News, Seldovia Public Library
Tagged Alaska, library aid position job description, library position open, OWL, position open, Seldovia, Seldovia Alaska, Seldovia Publc library
by Tracie Merrill
The Seldovia Public Library Board of Directors is seeking interested persons for the position of library director. The position requires approximately 10-15 hours a week on a flexible schedule. This is a volunteer position that provides no salary.
Requirements are that you:
- reside in the Seldovia area
- be 18 years of age or older
- be a Seldovia Public Library Card holder
- and have an interest in the library.
The library director will:
- maintain membership in the Alaska Library Association and meet the continuing education requirements under the library’s operating grant from the State of Alaska;
- be responsible for collection development: selecting and purchasing new materials and removing outdated materials from the library collection;
- develop, revise, and work within an annual budget determined by the state operating grant regulations;
- write and revise the annual state operating grant and report annually to the state on library operations as required under grant terms;
- maintain the corporate licensure;
- participate in fund-raising;
- recruit, manage, and schedule volunteers for staffing;
- handle circulation database maintenance and web presence;
- attend board meetings, report to the board on all areas of library operations and serve as a non-voting member of the board;
- work with other local entities to produce joint programs of interest to the community;
- other such tasks/special projects as the board might assign and are needed.
Letters of interest should be sent to the library board either by email to email@example.com or by mail to the following address no later than October 8, 2012.:
Seldovia Public Library
att: Library Board
PO Drawer H
Seldovia, AK 99663
Questions? Contact the library board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
by Jenny Chissus – Broker/Owner of Seldovia Property
SELDOVIA: WEB AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Responsible for multiple websites design, management and implementation. Must have ability to create visually appealing and functional websites. Designs overall outline of SVT signs, publications and newsletters, marketing and recruitment brochures, web pages, promotional displays and logos under direction of CEO or PR/Marketing Director. Prefer degree in Communications Media or Graphic Design. Salary DOE
SELDOVIA: MARKETING ASSISTANT
Full time 35 hrs. per week with benefits. Assists SVT Public Relations/Marketing Director in promoting a positive image for Seldovia Village Tribe. Participates in development of SVT strategic plan and marketing plan for all Tribal programs, activities, products and services. Must be a willing team player. Salary DOE.
SELDOVIA: MATE – SELDOVIA BAY FERRY
Full time seasonal position aboard Kachemak Voyager. Must have 100 Ton license, ability to lift/carry 50 pounds, and certificate for first aid training. Experience on similar passenger vessel a plus. Supervises and directs Deckhand and on-deck activities. Performs duties related to passenger safety and service, vessel operations and vessel maintenance/inspections. Must be a team player and exhibit excellent customer service skills. Schedule to be determined.
HOMER: SVT HEALTH & WELLNESS ASSISTANT
Provide administrative support such as registration of new patients/partners, intake data, completion of forms and follow-up for established patients/partners of SVT Health & Wellness. Assist in development, scheduling and conducting community wellness oriented educational programs and presentations. Actively communicate and collaborate with local community resources regarding SVT Health & Wellness available services and expectations. Must be able to provide excellent customer service. Previous experience required within a clinical setting. Part Time position three days per week, possibly working into full-time at a later date.
Email resume to: email@example.com or contact Shirley Hurley, Human Resources, directly at 907-435-3267 for more information. Job descriptions posted on our Website: www.svt.org/careers Seldovia Village Tribe is a drug and alcohol, tobacco free workplace.
Posted in Business News, Classified, Local News, Seldovia Village Tribe
Tagged ferry deckhand, full-time position, graphic designer, Human resources, management position, marketing assistant, seasonal position, Seldovia Alaska, seldovia bay ferry, Seldovia Village Tribe, SVT, web designer
by Seldovia Property
198 Main Street, Seldovia, Alaska
Spacious and bright home on Main Street with 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths with an attached one bedroom apartment with 3/4 bath, private entrance, full kitchen with amazing views of the harbor, mountains and Seldovia Bay. Click here to view more information or call Jenny with Seldovia Property at 907-234-8000 to schedule a showing!
Posted in Business News, Classified, Real Estate, Travel/Tourism
Tagged Alaska, bed and breakfast, business opportunity, Jenny Chissus, real estate for sale, Seldovia, Seldovia Alaska, Seldovia Property, Travel and Tourism, water view property